A Luxurious Late-Winter Escape!
Join BRAG on a remarkable luxury bike trip through enchanting coastal wonders, where opulence meets natural beauty. We’ll indulge in lavish resort amenities, tour the beautiful seashores of North Florida & Southern Georgia islands, and savor delectable culinary creations on our weeklong two-wheeled expedition.
As you pedal along picturesque coastal bike paths, you'll be captivated by the stunning vistas of golden marshes, thriving wetlands, and idyllic ocean beaches. Feel the gentle breeze of the Atlantic Ocean caress your face as you cycle through vibrant seaside communities, immersing yourself in the local culture and charm.
After a few days of relaxed cycling & sightseeing, we’ll move to the magnificent Westin on Jekyll Island, nestled amidst serene natural landscapes. This renowned luxury resort offers a sanctuary of tranquility, with elegantly appointed rooms and world-class amenities.
Each evening on BRAG Winter Ride LUX, we’ll toast the day’s adventures at an included Happy Hour and then indulge in gourmet dining experiences that showcase the finest local flavors and international cuisines.
This luxury bike trip offers an unparalleled combination of refined accommodations, outdoor adventures, and natural beauty. Immerse yourself in the coastal charm and opulence of Amelia Island, Big Talbot Island, Cumberland Island, and Jekyll Island. Join BRAG in creating cherished memories that will last a lifetime.
The Winter Ride Lux is suitable for all levels of cyclists. Each day we ride to different locations on Amelia Island, Big Talbot Island, and visit such attractions as Cumberland Island, the Jekyll Island. Winter Ride Lux features coastal resort stays.
Amelia Island Ride
Franklin will lead us on a 27 mile ride around Amelia Island. We will visit Fernandina Beach, Fort Clinch State Park, a rest stop at the Welcome Center, Downtown Fernandina, and the Eagan's Creek Greenway Trail.
Big Talbot Island Ride
Jekyll Island Ride
Enjoy a scenic bicycle tour of Georgia's beautiful Jekyll Island, stopping for a trolley tour of the Historic Jekyll Island "Millionaires' Village."
On our Bike ride, we'll visit Driftwood Beach and the Horton House, all while staying on Jekyll's iconic bike paths through the island's marshes, wetlands, and dunes.
End your amazing week with one last Happy Hour at the Westin.
Today we depart after an amazing week on Winter Ride Lux
Please check in at the Omni Amelia Island Resort from 11AM - 2PM on Sunday
Get settled in your room at your leisure. If you choose, you may bike around on the surrounding bike paths. Also see the Accommodations section.
Parking is available at both of the hotels.
You can use Bike Flights to ship to:
Super Corsa Cycles
4925 1st Coast Hwy
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
You may rent a bike from SuperCorsa Cycles. Please call ahead to arrange 904-310-0003
There are a couple of ways to find your way while riding BRAG Winter Ride and Winter Ride LUX:
1. RIDE GUIDE
The BRAG Ride Guide is the answer to most of your questions! Route maps and turn-by-turn cue sheets are available for each day in the Ride Guide. Take it with you on your bike!
2. RIDE WITH GPS
All BRAG Routes are available for free on Ride With GPS. Download the smart phone app and load the respective day routes. Use it. Love it.
The SAG phone number is 404.382.7747. Please call if you need assistance on Winter Ride. Emergencies please dial 911
- Cumberland Island National Seashore (912) 882-4336
- Fernandina Beach Police (904) 277-7342
- Jekyll Department of Public Safety (912) 635-2303
BRAG events take place on public right of ways. We ask motor vehicles to share the road, so we must extend the same courtesy. As much as possible we travel on low traffic roads, however we will need to travel on roads with higher traffic volume from time to time. Please review the BRAG Safety Pledge you were required to sign to participate in this BRAG event. Please consult the rider handbook provided by Georgia Bikes for more safety information.
YOU MUST STOP AT ALL STOP SIGNS AND RED LIGHTS!! Obey all traffic control devices and exercise caution crossing rail road tracks and road crossings!
- You are responsible for your own safety - BRAG assists as much as possible in ensuring a safe ride, however you are in control of your ride and safety. Please read carefully the cue sheets and take note of hazards outlined. Also be on the look out for BRAG signs on the roadway warning of hazards. Hazards are always being created and note we can not warn participants of every potential or existing hazard. Cycling can be a dangerous sport - take safety seriously!
- You must obey all traffic laws and traffic control devices.
- Wear a helmet and ensure your gear is properly functioning.
- Communicate with other cyclists to keep each other safe - please yell, when appropriate, "car back", "car up", "rider on", "rider off", etc. Communicate about hazards such as RR tracks, pot holes, rumbles, debris in the road, cracks, animals, etc. Do not yell "CLEAR" as what is clear for you may not be for others.
- Visibility - See and be seen, wear bright clothes, reflective clothing and use lights.
- Bicycle lanes and shoulders - please use them when possible and safe to do so.
- Report dangerous motorists and cyclists.
- In the event of rain, the road and road tires can be slick and brakes can slip. Normal conditions may become more hazardous, especially rail road tracks.
- In the event of lightning, take appropriate action and exercise caution.
This is a ride, not a race. We encourage you to stop and smell the roses and get a true taste for the vibrant fiber and culture of Georgia.
Sunday Night | Monday Night | Tuesday Night
Omni Amelia Island Resort
39 Beach Lagoon Rd, Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Nestled on 1,350 acres at the tip of a barrier island off the Florida coast, our beautiful Amelia Island resort offers luxurious oceanfront accommodations with unparalleled views of the Atlantic Ocean, world-class resort pools, championship golf and a full-service spa. Our Florida resort has no shortage of activities for all guests to enjoy. Whether you prefer to stroll 3.5 miles of pristine beach, spend the day kayaking through Amelia Island’s preserved marshlands or tee off on one of our award-winning golf courses, you’ll never run out of adventure in this idyllic destination. This hotel located in Fernandina Beach is the perfect location for a romantic getaway or a vacation filled with family fun.
Wednesday Night | Thursday Night
110 Ocean Way
Jekyll Island, GA 31527
BRAG will host a Happy Hour at our hotel after our daily activities!
BRAG makes reservations for the entire group for each night after Happy Hour.
BRAG will provide snacks and extra water along the bicycle rides... just look for the BRAG Bus!
WINTER RIDE FAQs
For up-to-date registration prices, please see the registration page.
Registration entitles you to:
- Hotel Accomodations for 5 nights
- a printed ride guide
- breakfast in hotel for each of the 5 mornings
- happy hour for 5 afternoons
- National Park Service admission to Cumberland Island and ferry to the island
- private ferry to/from Fernandina Beach, FL
- guided bus tour of Jekyll's historic district.
Registration does not cover: Bike rental on Cumberland Island, lunches, dinners, admission to Ft. Clinch State Park and Ft. Clinch.
Change of Plans? Please visit the link below for refund details
Additionally, you can purchase insurance on your trip from BikeReg when you register to protect your registration fee in the event of an emergency.
- Water Bottle
- Active Clothing for Cycling, Hiking, Sightseeing, ect.
- Temperatures are unpredictable this time of year... last year, we enjoyed temps in the 80s. But be prepared for the possibility of chilly weather. Keep an eye on the forecast!
- Casual Clothing for Dining
- Backpack to carry your lunch to Cumberland Island and trash bag to carry trash off the island
On Winter Ride Lux we stay in luxury hotels, the cost of which is included in the price of registration. Sun, Mon, Tuesday nights we are at the Omni Amelia Island Resort. Wed & Thurs we're at the Westin Jekyll Island.
Absolutely not! While a road bike certainly makes things a little easier, people have completed rides on every type of bike you could think of, from mountain bikes, to recumbents, to unicycles. We do not ride very far on Winter Ride relative to other BRAG rides so a hybrid bicycle would get the job done just fine. On Cumberland island you are now allowed to bring your bike, however, the roads are fairly soft sand and a nice road bike would not be recommended.
The best thing about BRAG is the community of riders. Many come alone and leave with riding buddies for life. You will never ride alone on BRAG. Especially on Winter Ride the group is small and participates in all activities together so you will get to know everyone by the time you leave.
Absolutely, on Winter Ride, the miles are flat, and few.
Drop us a line on our contact form or ask the BRAG community on Facebook or consult the RIDE GUIDE
Get the BRAG'N Writes Monthly Newsletter!
Be the first to know all BRAG news!